Low fat Sweet Potato and Peaches Pancakes
- ½ cup (125g) sweet potato puree or can sub with pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp. (250g) whole wheat flour
- 2 cups (500g) frozen peaches
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
Whisk the sweet potato puree, eggs, milk, and maple syrup in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (whole wheat flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt).
Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat and spray the pan with a little oil.
Mix the dry and wet ingredients together to form a smooth batter.
Pour the pancake batter into the frying pan, allowing approximately under ¼ cup of batter per pancake. Cook the pancake until bubbles start to form on the top then flip the pancake over and cook for a further minute on the second side.
While the pancakes are cooking, place 2 cups of frozen peaches into a small saucepan with the maple syrup. Heat over a medium heat until the peaches are heated through.
Serve the pancakes topped with the peaches and a little maple syrup.
- For added protein substitute 3 tablespoon of extra whole wheat flour for a protein powder of your choice.
- If making for a single serving freeze the pancakes and only heat ½ a cup of peaches. Frozen pancakes can be warmed up in the toaster.
Add a glass of Super Green Smoothie for a healthier meal.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.