One Pan Healthy Mexican Turkey Chili
- 16 oz. (450g) turkey mince
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (100g) celery, chopped
- 1 cup (130g) carrots, chopped
- 19 oz. (650ml) can of kidney beans
- 28 oz. (828ml) can of fire-roasted tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups (700ml) chicken stock
- ⅔ cup (160ml) can of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ⅛-¼ tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- ⅛ cup fresh chopped coriander
Drain the can of kidney beans and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
Chop all the vegetables into small even sized pieces. Keep the onions separate.
Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Sauté the onions in 1 tablespoon of oil and season with salt and pepper for 2 minutes. Now add in the turkey, mince and cook until the mince has browned. Now add in the rest of the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
Add in the chicken stock, canned tomatoes, garlic, chili powder, kidney beans, ground cumin, tomato paste, and ground cinnamon. Stir well to combine, bring to a boil then turn down to simmer and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
With 5 minutes of cooking time left, add in freshly chopped coriander and stir through.
- A great make ahead dish, cook the night before for an easy grab and go lunch.
- Freeze the chili into individual-sized portions for easy weekly meal planning.